Monday 22 January 2007

Research On Movie Trailers


I collated research on film trailers in general, which provided me with a useful idea as to how my trailer should appear. From this research carried out, I was able to identify the conventions which are present in film trailers; some which will be present in my one.

  • A green band is commonly present, which is an all green graphic at the beginning of the trailer, usually reading "The following PREVIEW has been approved for ALL AUDIENCES by the Motion Picture Association of America," and sometimes including the movie's MPAA rating.
  • Usually studio logos are featured near the beginning of the trailer.
  • Voice-over narration is used to briefly set up the premise of the movie and provide explanation when necessary.

  • Music always helps to set the tone and mood of the trailer. Usually the music used in the trailer, is not from the film itself,in which the film score would not have been composed yet.

Therefore, by me researching these trailer 4 conventions, it has really helped me to consider what I should include in my trailer for it to be successful.


Valeria

No comments: